Farewell, Cambria Cove

I discovered Cambria Cove about 2 years ago and have been madly in love with the store ever since.  They offer such unique and pretty items that fed my design crush on all things beautiful + functional.  When attending Altitude Summit in 2010, I felt like I had won the lottery when each conference attendee went home with a (gorgeous) gift box from the company, filled with spectacular goodies AND a gift certificate towards the online boutique.  I decided to treat myself to a new laptop case for my then-brand new MacBook Pro:

Patent Laptop Sleeve by gogvoyage

I loved it then, and I love it now. It’s a little piece of luxury that goes with me when I travel.  Since then, I have been relishing the time I spend leafing through the Cambria Cove catalogues and daydreaming about purchasing the matching rolling tote.  At almost $300, it was out of my budget…until yesterday!

Patent Rolling Tote by gogovoyage

Over the weekend, hubby and I went on a quick overnight jaunt to Washington, VA (more on that in another post) and we happened across an adorable stylish home accents store, where I saw – in living color – the Le Cadeaux outdoor dinner entertaining pieces that I had been coveting from the Cambria Cove catalog for weeks:

We bought them (lots of them). YAY. But when we got back home, I decided to venture to the Cambria Cove site to see how we fared with pricing for the items.  I was shocked and saddened to see this message:

And then I was elated. Because…my rolling tote was on super sale! I copped it in the wee hours of the night last night and thank goodness I did, because they are sold out of them today! I got that bad boy for $86. A far cry from $300. Hooray for clearance sales.

But not a good look overall because my beloved Cambria Cove will be no longer.  I’m going to have to find a replacement boutique for my design fix.  Any suggestions?

Comments

comments

Comments

1. What a score on your rolling tote! I’ve seen that laptop sleeve and it’s definitely swoon-worthy! Can’t wait to see it’s rolling companion at a conference soon!

2. That tote is the bomb but $300…#icant. I could…but I just can’t.

3. s.j. skinner says:

This store/shop was lovely. They have the most polite telephone staff I have ever encountered. Their clothing and jewerly is fun and and crafted like not anything I have ever seen. Gosh, I will miss this FUN store. Cambria Cove will be sorely missed! sjs.

4. s.j. skinner says:

Great job ,team. I will will miss you people, dammit.

Thank-you
    SJSkinner

5. sallyhernandez says:

sure am going to miss your shop was wondering where can I get a hold of the accordian filr tole with handles? I brought one in may but now that your going out of bussiness where can i find another? maybe you can E-mail me the company that makes them. That would be a great help for me. Thank you kindly and will miss you.

6. Kay says:

Help!! I wanted the custom art work they offered for 500.00 with your own names, wedding date…how can I find out who does that??? Thru some other company maybe..

7. virginia wright says:

I purchased a Marshmallow fragrance hand soap a couple of years ago.
    Any idea where I can find it? Also bought skin cream with same fragrance. It was from Australia and very lovely. Any help?

8. Lynne Rosenberg says:

I truly miss your perfect site! I’m a compulsive gift shopper and found your offerings just ideal. Just this morning, I had a question from a friend to whom I sent your lovely black & white stationery with the almost hidden yellow butterfly imbedded in the pattern. Where can we find that stationery now that you’ve closed shop/site?

I hope you decide to go into business again soon with the same wonderfully chosen items.

Sincerely.
    Lynne

9. Charlean says:

I have not had the opportunity to shop from such a great company. But did however, see lovely invitations and save the date cards from my nephews’ wedding. Wow, I am on the site now to order invites for my husband’s 50th birthday. So sad to hear you will no longer be in business.

Wanting to get great invites,
    Charlean

10. Judy says:

Hello from Texas, I am sooooo sad to find out cambria cove is gone. I love to shop and dream with the catalogs sometimes I even could buy sale items.! :) Did you ever find anything that came close to the catalog? I would love to find something to view and wish. thank you so much. J

11. When a catalog like Cambria Cove goes out of business, where does it go? Did CC sell the company? Did the owners start another, similar biz? Where can I find another catalog that actually meets the claim, “we have the perfect gift for any occasion” — any suggestions? Isn’t there a clearinghouse site where all the incredible finds from catalogs that disappear are stashed away. I just dug out my favorite old catalogs and decided to order some things from Cambria Cove … 3 years too late!! Come to think of it, how does a boutique catalog like CC get started?

Talk to Me.